I truly liked all the plays. I never thought of how much I would enjoy doing this project but it was writing my own play as well as watching/acting out other’s plays. Everyone was creative in their own way. I enjoyed writing my play because I wanted two problems women go through into one play. I also wanted to incorporate it within a rich and poor society. My message was that, it’s not just the poor that go through treatment or abuse; it can be anyone, so money isn’t everything.
The three favorite plays that I enjoyed watching were Max’s play, Jessica’s play, and Sarah’s play. I liked Max’s play because it shows the racial barriers that still exist today. Even though Blacks and Whites have the same rights, some still look down upon each other and label each other. Max’s play shows that even the elderly still have the same attitude they had back in the day when they were younger when blacks were discriminated against. However, people say “oh their old, they don’t know what they’re saying” I still haven’t made up my mind of whether or not that should be a good excuse to still have the same beliefs even though times have drastically changed. I guess they’re still living in the same era these events took place.
I liked Jessica’s play as well because I found it really interesting how back then, mothers and other family members were afraid to talk to their children about sex. I feel like it’s a really dumb thing to do to let your child date but not be aware about sex or how one gets pregnant. Jessica’s character felt guilty to abort the child but she was also kind of ashamed to have it as well because at those times, not many teenagers get pregnant without getting married first. She was forced to marry the father even though he turned out to be not so faithful to her. I do feel that she was a very strong character to put up with her pregnancy and to leave her supporter and raise the child on her own.
Finally I liked Sarah’s play because it reminded me of mine, except mine was a little more dramatic. Sarah’s play was good because her character (the mother) was also very strong, although she seemed to be forgiving unlike mine. The message I got from her play was to not judge a book by its cover because the family seemed to be perfect, but the husband was cheating on her that whole time. However since hers had a good ending and he came back for her and supposedly “changed his ways” I guess you can say there’s still hope.
I agree on what you said about letting your child date and never talking to them about sex but I am kind of surprized that she didnt know about it at all...i mean she must have had some discussion between her friends at some point, but then again I guess it depends how old she was.
ReplyDelete